- Blood Drive
- 12 to 5 p.m.
- Location: Mainsource Bank
Our Connersville, Indiana location will feature a Blood Drive Event in conjunction with the nearby Indiana Blood Center. Local residents are invited to give blood in the effort to help save lives. The Indiana Blood Center, who will be onsite at the Connersville MainSource Bank location, will be accepting blood donations from 12 PM until 5 PM. Some tips for donating include:
• Hydrate & eat a good meal; drink plenty of fluids and eat a good meal the day of your appointment
• Bring a picture ID; to donate blood, a photo ID is required
• Bring the names of medications you are taking
• Get a good night’s sleep prior to
The need is constant and your contribution is important for a healthy and reliable blood supply. And, you’ll feel good knowing you’ve helped change a life. Please call MainSource Bank at 765- 825-5078 to schedule your blood donation appointment. Sign up today! The Connersville, Indiana MainSource Bank is located at 206 West 30th Street, Connersville, Indiana 47331.
For more information about the Indiana Blood Center, visitwww.indianablood.org.
- Connersville Parks Department Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- 5 to 5:30 p.m.
- Location: Robert’s Park
Come enjoy an evening with Sammy the Squirrell and the Easter Bunny at Roberts Park! Over 6,000 eggs will be placed near the Park Pavilion!! Plus prize eggs!! Event will begin at 5:00 p.m. sharp! Bring your own basket!
**For ages 10 and under**
- Fayette County Lincoln Reagan Day Dinner
- 6:30 to 9 p.m.
- Location: Miller’s Building
You won’t want to miss our guest speaker, Gary Varvel! Tickets are $35 and can be reserved by calling County Chair Viv Himelick at 765-969-6221.
- Easter Bunny Express
- 10 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
- Whitewater Valley Railroad
The 18th annual running of the Easter Bunny Express will depart from Connersville Grand Central Station and make 4 round trips to the Easter Bunny Patch 2 miles away. Don’t forget your Basket. Come and meet the Easter Bunny and hunt for his Golden Egg. The egg hunt is open to ages 8 and under. Reservations are recommended. Prices are $10.00/person 2 and up. Train departs at 10am, 12pm, 2:30pm & 4:15pm. Train operates rain or shine.
Purchase Easter Bunny Express Tickets Online or Call Us At 765-825-2054.
- Enhancing the Value of Public Spaces – Creating Healthy Communities
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Location: Miller Building at Roberts Park 2900 N. Park Road Connersville IN 47331
Public officials and residents in Fayette County can learn how to improve public spaces and build healthy communities at a workshop with the focus on our downtown hosted by a Purdue University Extension program and Discover Connersville. Participants will work with Purdue Extension specialists and educators to learn more about the vital role that parks, town centers, and other public spaces play in the long- term economic, social, and health of communities. Collaborative activities will also introduce participants to best practices for improving public spaces, and give them the tools they need to plan and implement projects tailored to their community. Join us to have a voice in transforming our community. Contact Becky Marvel, (765) 825-8502 email@example.com.
- Connersville Jaycees Fireworks Fundraiser
- 12 p.m.
- Location: Bowling at Plaza Lanes, 3150 Ohio Avenue, Connersville IN 47331
Please join in for the first annual Howard Kaiser Memorial Bowling Tournament. The Jaycees need to raise $12, 500 for cover costs for the yearly 4th of July Fireworks the community enjoys at Roberts Park. Lane sponsorships for the tournament are $250, and include a Team, signage on the lane and meal.
Following the tournament, there will be a chicken dinner at the American Legion Post #1, 902 Eastern Avenue, Connersville. Cash prizes will be awarded.
- “The Anonymous People” movie night
- 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Showtime Cinemas, 2235 N Park Rd, Connersville, IN 47331
North Star Recovery hopes to increase awareness and understanding of mental and substance use disorders along with celebrating when those who suffer with these disorders overcome. North Star Recovery will be hosting a free screening of the documentary, “The Anonymous People.” The FREE screening will be held at Showtime Cinemas, 2235 N Park Rd, Connersville, IN 47331. Please join us on Thursday, April 12. Doors will open at 6:40 p.m. and the film will begin at 7 p.m. The event is open to the public.
- Prevent Child Abuse 5K Run/Walk
- 7:30 am Registration begins, 8:30 am Walk / Run begins
- Location: Roberts Park. 2900 N. Park Road, Connersville, IN 47331
There will also be a Silly Safari at 10 a.m., For more information contact Tisha Gosnell at 765-825-8732.
- Camp Bear Creek Clean Up day
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Location: Camp Bear Creek, 7417 S Scout Rd, Connersville, Indiana 47331
It’s time to get ready for camp! Scrubbing, washing, sweeping, trimming, cutting, digging, dragging, painting, moving, spraying, raking, helping make Bear Creek the gem it truly is for our district. If you have your own gloves/tools to bring, please do.
- Mother’s Day Valley Flyer Excursion
- 12 p.m.
- Whitewater Valley Railroad Information Station
Visit Historic Metamora, Indiana without worrying about parking!! This train departs from our Connersville depot at 12:01 pm. Platted in 1838, Metamora is a restored canal town. Visit the working grist mill, restored canal and lock, operating replica horse drawn canal boat, historic covered aqueduct, and over 40 shops and restaurants during the 2 hour layover. Trains consisting of vintage equipment departs Connersville’s Grand Central Station at 12:01 pm on Saturdays, Sundays, and major holidays, May through October. The Valley Flyer departs Metamora for the return to Connersville at 3:30 pm, arriving at the Connersville Station at 5:00 pm.
The round trip fares for this train are $25 for adult and $15 for children, one way fares are $16 for adults and $9 for children. Caboose tickets are available for $28 adult and $17 child. Purchase Tickets Online or call us at 765-825-2054
- Lions Club Golf Tournament / Chopper Drop
- 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Location: Willowbrook Country Club
$12.00 Adult Tickets – ages 12 & up
$8.00 Children Tickets – ages 4-11
Kids 3 & under are free
Advanced Ticket Sales available at Tractor Supply Company
$10.00 Adult Tickets
$5.00 Children Tickets
Group Rates: Buy 10 Adult tickets, get 1 free!
- Golf Fore Hope
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Location: Willowbrook Country Club
- This is a fun annual event. Celebrate Father’s Day weekend with golf!
We will have games, mulligans and lunch will be provided. We will be looking for Corporate Sponsors as well as teams. We need teams that could de-throne Dr. Christie and Fayette Regional Health Systems! These are the teams that win every year. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Nolan Kicks 4 Causes
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Location: River’s Edge Park (Soccer Complex)
- Nolan is a 12 yeard old and his hosting his 2nd annual soccer tournament in partnership with Connersville Parks and Rec. This 3v3 Soccer Tournament is all ability levels and for age groups U9, U11, U13, U15, HS and Adult teams benefiting River’s Edge Park and Limitless Solutions. Limit teams to 6 on a team. Only $100 per team to register. Awards for each division winning team. Lots of FUN!! Come watch soccer players from all over the tri-state and local teams too play 3v3 soccer! DJ, Concessions, Raffle, Team Spirit Contest, Fastest Kick Contest, and More! Top 4 teams in each division qualify for the Challenge Sports 3v3 Nationals this August at ESPN Wide World of Sports in Orlando, FL. For more information visit: www.nolankicks4causes.com or call Darrell Shawl at 765-338-6442.