“Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.” – Albert Einstein
New volunteers are always welcome at FRHS. If you would like information on becoming a volunteer, please contact Melissa Miller, Volunteer Coordinator, at 765-827-7727.
Discover the many benefits of volunteering and do something for your community.
Volunteer work is for many types of people, young and old, and is an excellent source for beefing up your résumé, helping your community and making you feel good about yourself.
As a Volunteer, you must have:
- A sense of humor, tact, patience, and warmth
- Physical ability to perform the assigned tasks.
- Sense of pride in serving others.
- Sincere interest in rendering service to hospitalized patients.
- Sense of responsibility and dependability.
- Willingness to accept medical center standards of conduct and supervision.
- Ability to work with people in a group, as well as with individuals.
Please note that potential volunteers must complete the entire application process, including interviews, testing and a two-step TB test prior to beginning their duties.