- Administrative / Clerical
The registrar utilizes customer service skills while collecting and documenting demographics and financial information for each patient. The team member also maintains department productivity standards for insurance plans and eligibility, while also ensuring government mandated forms are appropriately signed. He or she must also use proper etiquette on switchboard and page physicians or other Team Members when applicable.
- High School diploma or GED
- Training and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience with computers in a professional setting desired, but not mandatory.
- On-the-job training provided.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Admit different patient types in a timely manner.
- Correctly works departmental equipment.
- Understand when to use different financial classes.
- Complete additional forms for Medicare.
- Correctly obtain signatures for Assignment of Benefits, Advanced Directives, etc.
- Ensure the ED whiteboard is up-to-date in a timely manner.
- Use the mobile cart with digital signature.
- Correctly contacts physicians according to preference.
- Capable of handling the alarm system for the various areas of the facility
- Communicate clearly.
- Acquire information in CPSI program.
- Utilize observational and communication skills for any age, culture, or developmental needs to help in assisting patients and families.
- Days vary
- Shifts vary
- Weekend rotation
- Holiday rotation