- Healthworks Rehab
- 80 Hours
- Full Time
- Patient Direct Care
- Patient Support Services
The Athletic Trainer will be able to demonstrate an ability to perform the following functions regarding athletic injuries: prevention, assessment, treatment, and reconditioning. The Athletic Trainer must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the athlete’s status and interpret the appropriate information.
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in a health related field, with current NATA certification. CPR certification.
- Training and Experience:
- One or Two years in athletic training setting preferred.
- Entry level graduates with NATA certification will be considered.
- Maintain appropriate general treatment orders to be reviewed annually and approved by the team physician.
- Provide athletic training services for all home athletic games.
- Act as liaison between family physicians and specialists, the school district, athletes and their parents.
- Maintain accurate records of injuries, treatments and provide insurance claim forms for sport injuries treated by a physician.
- Develop and maintain a budget for the athletic training program.
- Scheduled and be present for pre-participation sports physicals.
- Provide the coaches and athletic director with a list of athlete’s medical eligible to compete under district and state rules and regulations.