- North Star Recovery
- 72 Hours
- Full Time
- Patient Direct Care
Summary of Position
The Behavioral Health Associate will provide direct care to all North Star Recovery patients including charting on assigned patients, assisting with activities of daily living, assisting in the classroom, and providing structured groups.
- High school diploma, or GED required.
- Obtain BLS and First Aid certification within 3 months of hire.
Training and experience:
- Previous experience in an addiction, or psychiatric facility preferred.
- Knowledge of, or experience with the Twelve Step Recovery process, or other approaches to addiction recovery, preferred.
- Credentialed as a Certified Addiction Peer Recovery Coach (CAPRC I or CAPRC II) preferred.
- Act as a peer recovery coach.
- Meet with addiction patients in the Emergency Room as needed to assist with the decision to transition to North Star Recovery, or other level of care.
- Provide direct patient supervision in a calm and therapeutic manner.
- Assist with the development, review, and implementation of patient treatment plans.
- Comply will all Medicaid, HFAP, FRHS, State Licensing, and Board of Health regulations.
- Complete daily charting and all required paperwork in a concise and legible manner prior to the end of each shift.
- Actively utilize de-escalation techniques to maintain a safe environment for all patients.
- Facilitate daily recovery support groups, or Twelve Step meetings.
- Actively engages all patients by interacting with them in their educational, group, recreational, and living environments.
- Attend all monthly and annual training sessions as assigned.
- Participate in the North Star Recovery Quality Improvement Program by reporting safety issues to the Team Leader or Nursing Supervisor.
- Complete Intake Assessments when assigned.
- Maintain SCM certification.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.