- Physician Practice Management
- 80 Hours
- Full Time
- Administrative / Clerical
Summary of Position
The Director of Physician Practices is responsible for the overall direction and operations of the FRHS Physician Practices including the direction of the physician offices, provider recruitment and contracting, and Medical Staff services. He or she will manage, direct, and coordinate all activities of the FRHS Physician Practices for the purpose of attaining the goals and objectives set forth by the CEO. The Director of Physician Practices oversees the effective discharge of the organizational purposes, commitments, and goals as they relate to the FRHS Medical Staff.
- Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration or Business, or progress toward Master’s Degree preferred.
- Training and experience
- Five (5) to ten (10) years practice management experience required. Prior experience in a community based health system preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, finance background, and negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong understanding of physician compensation.
- Supervisory and Staff Accountability:
- Direct, supervise, and provide leadership to the Team Members for all clinic and Medical Staff activities.
- Responsible for the overall administrative and financial success of the clinical practices and Medical Staff services.
- Responsible for the overall direction of the Physicians and Mid-level practitioners.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and organizations for all areas of responsibility.
- Play a key role in the recruitment of FRHS medical staff- direct and negotiate provider contracts on behalf of FRHS.
- Oversee the performance and productivity of physician office operations and staff.
- Ensure appropriate staffing is in place to meet the needs of office hours, call coverage, and the patients served.
- Responsible for the timely evaluation and performance appraisals of direct reports.
- Alert administration of any potential regulatory issues.
- Oversee operational improvement within all physician practices. Develop policies and strategies that drive long term growth and aligns with the FRHS mission, vision and values.
- Prepare annual budget in collaboration with the Physicians, Team Leaders, and other appropriate staff.
- Monitor and manage budgetary performance by comparing actual to budget figures.
- Utilize benchmarks to enhance revenue and reduce expenses.
- Strategic Planning:
- Develop and implement strategic plans to grow the physician practices, improve operational efficiency, and Physician development.
- Assess need and recommend to the Medical Staff the necessity of any physician committees and task forces.
- Collaborate with Physicians, Practice, Team Leaders and other appropriate staff for input to the strategic plan and component prioritization.
- Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Consult with and advise FRHS leadership, Team Leaders, and the Medical Staff on a regular basis.
- Administrative liaison and representative to the Medical Staff in accordance to the bylaws.
- Consult with the Medical Staff for advice and input on professional and practice policies that impact the Medical Staff prior to implementation.
- Report clinical and operational issue to Medical Staff.
- Represent the views, policies, needs, concerns, grievances, and activities of the FRHS Physicians to the CEO.
- In collaboration with FRHS leadership, determine and manage various components of the compensation and benefits structure for the practices and providers.
- Conflict and Problem Resolution:
- Manage and resolve staff issues.
- Resolve key issues behind problems in the short-term while developing and executing long-term solutions.
- Community Involvement:
- Collaborate with the business community to resolve clinical and quality concerns.
- Plan for the provisions of future managed care services.
- Actively participate in community functions that will enhance the understanding and image of FRHS within our service area.
- Support the FRHS mission, vision and values by acting as the key physician representative and foster physician alignment.
- Interpersonal Skills:
- Display a high degree of tact, diplomacy and customer service skills when interacting with staff, board members and physicians.
- Display competence for the Team Leader of Physician Practice role as evidenced in the annual performance appraisal following the FRHS standards.
- Attend all Administrative team meetings.
- Responsible for key input and physician involvement in the identification and implementation of the management of information system for FRHS practices.