- 60 Hours
- Part Time
The Food Service worker will serve food and maintain the cafeteria to hospital standards.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Training and Experience
- Must be able to read, write, make simple calculations
- Follow written and oral directions.
- On-the-job training is provided.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Patient tray service and food preparation.
- Visit patient rooms with proper menus and instruction per Clinical Dietitian.
- Perform uncomplicated tasks related to housekeeping, pot and pan dish washing, cafeteria service, patient tray service and food preparation.
- Meet competency standards for department.
- Follow sanitation regulations and cleaning schedules.
- Familiar with dietary restrictions and modified diets.
- Ability to use all food service equipment.
- Use proper portion sizes when serving patients.
- Team oriented, works well with others to accomplish department tasks and goals.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and equipment.
- Use proper hand washing procedures.
- Ability to work ahead and plan for next day/next week.
- Assist co-workers when your work is complete.
- Follow production sheets.
- 5:00 am-1:00 pm or 12:00 pm-6:30 pm
- Days vary
- Weekend rotation
- Holiday rotation