- Plant Operations
- 80 Hours
- Full Time
- Plant Operations
The HVAC Technician is a multi-skilled member who maintains and controls air-conditioning, refrigeration and other mechanical equipment to provide utilities for the hospital and satellite buildings. He/she will maintain equipment in a proper and safe manner to support our pursuance for excellence.
- High School diploma, GED, or trade school required
Training and Experience:
- Must demonstrate thorough knowledge of operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Control and balancing of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
- Safety, electricity, and air quality.
- Must have general knowledge and skill for providing maintenance needs in the facility.
- Follow all safety procedures.
- Assist in special projects.
- Complete and turn in daily productivity reports in a timely manner.
- Remain alert and demonstrate the ability to make decisions in a safe efficient manner.
- Work with Supervisor to ensure that scheduled work is performed in a set time frame.
- Maintain and repair machines, mechanical equipment, and buildings.
- Troubleshoot and fix faulty electrical switches.
- Inspect and diagnose problems. Must have the ability to read blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs.
- Do routine preventative maintenance.
- Inspects equipment to ensure that it is operating efficiently
- Check safety devices routinely.
- Record data and keep logs of operation, maintenance, and safety activity.
- Install, troubleshoot and repair heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance inspections, and adjusts, cleans and calibrates various systems to assure proper system operations.
- Repair wiring and electronic components associates with automated building management systems.
- Replace expansion valves, compressors, motors, coil units and other components parts.
- Clean refrigerant systems from hermetic burnouts, evacuates, and charges systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair direct digital and pneumatic control systems.
- Check distribution systems for proper velocity, volume, temperature, pressure etc.
- Balance air and water treatment systems.
- Determine cause of and corrects condensation problems.
- Provide technical assistance with the design of HVAC systems including installations and modifications to existing systems.
- Assist in training other technicians and staff in preventative maintenance of HVAC systems.
- Prepare records and reports describing procedures, actions taken and recommended solutions.
- Prepare and submit requests for supplies and equipment.
- Respond to emergency service requests.
- May supervise work of other technicians.
- 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (hours may vary)
- On call
- Weekend rotation
- Holiday rotation
- overtime possible