- Fayette Regional Care Pavilion
- 72 Hours
- Full Time
- Patient Direct Care
Summary of Position
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for promoting and maintaining quality patient care through effective management of activities in the Fayette Regional Care Pavilion for that assigned shift. The Licensed Practical Nurse acts as a mentor, resource, educator and leader at bedside.
- Graduated from an accredited School of Nursing and currently registered with the Indiana State Board of Nurses Registration and Nursing Education.
- Training and experience
- At least one (1) year experience in a psychiatric setting preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of general nursing theory, practice and knowledge of procedures and techniques required for the competent performance of the duties of the unit.
- Serve as an active participant in the FRCP Treatment Team, general staff, and assigned meetings.
- Perform nursing assessments on patients except for the initial assessment.
- Obtain authorization from parents or guardians for all medication changes.
- Educate patients and their families about prescribed medications, their use and potential side effects.
- Collaborate with the FRCP Psychiatrist and other FRHS medical staff regarding patient concerns.
- Complete Mental Status and Physical Assessments after every restraint or seclusion according to Medicaid, accreditation, and licensing regulations.
- Comply with all Medicaid, HFAP, FRHS, State Licensing, and Board of Health regulations.
- Process all physician orders.
- Assist on the unit floor and be actively involved with daily patient care.
- Assist with the supervision of BHA’s.
- Communicate all concerns and behaviors to staff in shift change reports and summaries.
- Maintain all patient charts and complete chart checks.
Complete SCM certification as a condition of employment.
- 5:45 am – 6:15 pm or 5:45 pm – 6:15 am
- Weekend rotation
- Holiday rotation
- Possible overtime