- Specialty Clinics
- Patient Direct Care
The Medical Assistant assists and administers care for sub-acute and acute patients under the direction of attending physician(s) and/or RN/LPN nurse(s) in a clinic-environment. This includes but is not limited to performing routine lab tests, obtaining vital statistics of patients
and other procedures deemed necessary by the attending physician(s).
- Completion of state-approved course of study for Medical assistant training
- Current licensure for medical assistant required
- Training and Experience:
- One (1) year experience as a Medical Assistant
- Basic Computer Skills
- Medical Office experience preferred
- Prepares patient for physical exam.
- Assist medical provider with treatments and procedures.
- Explains treatment and procedure to patient and ensures understanding.
- Obtains consent to treat for invasive procedures.
- Able to perform routine CLIA waived tests and demonstrates phlebotomy skills.
- Obtain specimen with appropriate labeling and uses approved policy and procedure for handling specimens and transport.
- Knowledgeable in frequently used medications and side effects.
- Notifies and explains results to patients under medical provider direction.
- Maintains samples log book for medications dispensed to patients.
- Maintains appropriate labeling instructions to patients receiving sample medications.
- Charts accurately and legibly/charts all information, referrals, Rx called, Physician orders; dates and initials.
- Has knowledge base to conduct patient education and knowledge to obtain appropriate material.
- Screens incoming calls and inquiries from patients and handles appropriately.
- Schedules appointments on the computer scheduler.
- Verifies and/or enters patient demographics including insurance at each visit: Bi-annually completes a new demo sheet and gets copies of insurance cards.
- Collects co-pays, cash draw is balanced and monies sent to cashier office as directed by Office Coordinator.
- Assists with entering daily charges, inpatient and nursing home charges. Balances to computer system. Follows up with HIM as directed.
- Days vary
- shifts vary