- North Star Recovery
- 80 Hours
- Full Time
- Patient Direct Care
Summary of Position
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for assisting, and directly administering care to patients with addiction while under direction of his or her collaborating physician. This includes, but is not limited to the initial assessment of patients, identification and diagnosis of health-related concerns, development and implementation of treatment plans, and the evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Graduate of an accredited Master program in Nursing which qualifies them to be a Nurse Practitioner.
- Must obtain BLS and ACLS certification within three (3) months of hire.
Training and experience:
- At least one (1) year experience in an addiction or psychiatric treatment setting preferred.
- At least one (1) year experience as an addiction Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) provider.
- Credentialed as a Medication-Assisted Treatment provider preferred.
- Assist, and directly administer care to patients with addiction and other potential co-morbidities while under the supervision of his or her collaborating physician.
- Develop and implement treatment plans.
- Educate patients and their families regarding their health and medication assisted treatment options.
- Evaluate patient outcomes and collaborate with, or refer to, another provider when necessary.
- Ensure charts are reviewed and completed according to FRHS guidelines.
- Facilitate psych-education and other group meetings in collaboration with other NorthStar Recovery Team Members.