- Cancer Care Center
- Patient Direct Care
The Radiation Therapist monitors and treats the patient by prescription. They will work in collaboration with the other members of the Oncology team. This position is also responsible for providing appropriate medical information and education to patients and families and for review of treatment plan with physician and Dosimetrist. The Radiation Therapist is responsible for the coordination of radiation treatment for the patient and must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate age of the patients served in his/her assigned area.
- Bachelors degree, Associate Degree, or Certification in Radiation Therapy.
- Registered with the Indiana State Board of Health.
- Current registration with ARRT.
- Three (3) years experience in Radiation Therapy preferred.
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of radiation therapy standard of practice.
- Ability to practice within ASRT guidelines.
- Familiarity with department standards of protocol.
- IMPAC usage.
- Operational knowledge of all treatment delivery equipment.
- Ability to frontline troubleshoot equipment procedures.
- Granulocytopenia precautions.
- Thrombocytopenia precautions.
- Management of oncologic emergencies.
- Warm up linear accelerator on a daily basis and documents data.
- Charge procedures correctly on a daily basis.
- Complete chart QA on a weekly basis.
- Control patient flow for on-time treatments.
- Maintain state/national accreditation.
- Compassionate care of the dying.
- 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Days vary