- Primary Care Center
- Specialty Clinics
- Full Time
- Administrative / Clerical
The receptionist is responsible for handling all incoming calls, paging team members, and interacting with customers and referral sources. This position also schedules all appointments for therapist and nurse practitioners, verifies all insurance information, sends appointment reminders to patients, assists with filing, pulls daily charts and prepares billing sheets for visits, and operates switchboard.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Job Knowledge
- Minimum of two (2) years experience at a switchboard or reception desk
- Ability to interact with the public with confidence and poise
- Experience with basic computer software
- Typing speed of 60-70 WPM
- Verify and enter patient demographics including insurance in computer at every visit.
- Complete bi-annual demo sheet and insurance on patients.
- Enter daily charges and balances in the computer system.
- Enter and keep patient and billing current.
- Entered applicable billing information before month end. Follow up with HIM as needed.
- Verify Medicaid eligibility prior to patient being seen, and obtain code when necessary and enter into system. If no code, patient is to sign financial responsibility form.
- Schedule appointments as directed by the medical provider.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate amount of new charts available.
- Take messages appropriately as directed by medical provider ensuring pertinent information is obtained.
- Gather QA, as directed by Facility Manager, and submit within the specified timeframe.
- Collect co-pays, and ensure monies are balanced before sending to the cashier.
- Use proper scripting when answering telephone.
- Assist with obtaining medical record releases and releasing requests as directed by Facility Manager.
- 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Days vary
- shifts vary