- Fayette Regional Care Pavilion
- 72 Hours
- Full Time
- Patient Direct Care
Summary of Position
The RN is responsible for promoting and maintaining quality patient care through effective management of activities on that designated unit for that assigned shift. The Registered Nurse executes comprehensive nursing care activities and acts as a mentor, resource, educator and leader at bedside. He/she assesses patient needs, plans and implements patient care activities, and evaluates the patient’s response to treatment. He/she manages activities within the therapeutic milieu and directs the delivery of nursing care by other members of the nursing treatment team while working with the therapists and case managers to implement individualized treatment plans.
- Graduated from an accredited School of Nursing and currently registered with the Indiana State Board of Nursing Registration and Nursing Education.
- Training and experience
- At least one (1) year of experience in a psychiatric setting preferred.
- Assist with the planning, organization, and implementation of patient care for the Acute and Residential programs.
- Serve as an active participant in the FRCP Treatment Team, general staff, and any other meetings as assigned.
- Assist in the development and revision of Treatment and Behavior Plans.
- Perform nursing assessments on new patients.
- Obtain authorization from parents or guardians for all medication changes.
- Educate patients and their families about prescribed medications, their use and potential side effects.
- Collaborate with the FRCP Psychiatrist and other FRHS medical staff on patient issues.
- Complete a Mental Status and Physical Assessment after every restraint or seclusion according to Medicaid, accreditation, and licensing regulations.
- Comply will all Medicaid, HFAP, FRHS, State Licensing, and Board of Health regulations.
- Process all Physician Orders.
- Assist on the unit floor and is actively involved with daily patient care.
- Monitor staffing compliance ratios, scheduling, while supervising LPNs and BHAs.
- Communicate all concerns and behaviors to staff during shifts and in shift change reports and summaries.
- Order and maintain all unit patient medications according to Federal and FRHS regulations.
- Maintain all patient charts and complete chart checks while on duty.
- Maintains SCM certification as a condition of employment
- 5:45 pm – 6:15 pm or 5:45 am – 6:15 pm
- Days vary
- Weekend rotation
- Holiday rotation
- Possible overtime