- Patient Direct Care
The RN is responsible for promoting and maintaining quality patient care through effective management of activities on that designated unit for that assigned shift. The RN acts as a mentor, resource, educator, and leader at bedside. The RN is responsible and accountable to the Team Leader for that designated unit. The RN supervises all Team Members assigned to their charge.
- Graduated from an accredited School of Nursing and currently registered with the Indiana State Board of Nurses Registration and Nursing Education
- CPR, ACLS, and PALS required.
- Training and Experience
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and ability in personnel management, administrative coordination, policies and committee activities
- Knowledge and skill to review workload standards and staffing needs based on productivity and skill cost containment
- Ability to collaborate with medical staff in day-to-day environment to establish coordinated department function and program development
- Excellent oral and written communication, which allow preparation of correspondence, reports, oral presentations, etc.
- Job Knowledge
- Comprehensive knowledge of general nursing theory and practice.
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques required for the competent performance of the duties of the unit.
- Knowledge and understanding of the nursing process.
- 5:45 pm – 6:00 am
- Days vary
- Holiday rotation
- Weekend rotation
- On Call
- Overtime possible