- North Star Recovery
- 80 Hours
- Full Time
- Patient Direct Care
Summary of Position
The Case Manager provides assessment, planning, coordinating, implementing, and monitoring services required to meet a patient’s health needs across the continuum of case.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field such as Psychology, Social Work, or other related field of study.
- Possession of valid Indiana licensure (LSW, LBSW, LAC) preferred.
- Must obtain BLS and First Aid certification within three (3) months of hire.
Training and experience:
- One (1) to three (3) years’ experience in an addiction or psychiatric setting preferred.
- Knowledge of medical and psychosocial factors, referral and coordination, community resources, HCFA, Medicaid and third-party payor systems.
- Provide emotional support for patients and families in crisis situations.
- Assess patient discharge needs inclusive of psychological, social, safety, and physical needs.
- Educate patients on advance directives as indicated.
- Assist patients with completion of advance directives as indicated.
- Communicate the patient’s wishes for discharge plans with the Physician and the patient care team.
- Support the plan of care by assessing the patient and family’s understanding of the medical needs anticipated upon discharge.
- Complete appropriate PAS documentation, when indicated.
- Assist with obtaining 72 hours detention paperwork as indicated by Physician, or the patient’s condition.
- Participate in team conferences as needed.
- Participate in daily discussions with Utilization Review to ensure patient needs are being met.
- Review DRG length of stay information and anticipate discharge based on the LOS. A daily discussion with UR will finalize the anticipated discharge date.
- Communicate patient progress to facilitate transitions of care into the community as needed.
- Document patient encounters in the electronic health record.
- Assist with DME or other discharge needs as needed.