- North Star Recovery
- 80 Hours
- Full Time
- Administrative / Clerical
Summary of Position
The Unit Clerk will be responsible for maintaining North Star Recovery patient charts including periodic audits to ensure all documentation has been obtained and filed correctly.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must obtain BLS and First Aid certification within three (3) months of hire.
Training and experience:
- Previous experience in the mental health field preferred.
- Ability to establish therapeutic interactions with patients.
- Manage and monitor all patient charts.
- Complete discharge instructions for North Star Recovery patients and fills in for acute discharges when case manager is not available.
- Transcribe all medical staff orders and enter provider orders in the computer.
- Coordinate all Treatment Team and Clinical Review recommendations for patients and ensure that notes are filed in appropriate folders.
- Monitor the phones in the Nurses Station.
- Schedule all consultations and related off-campus appointments and charts accordingly.
- Assist with direct care needs and resident transportation as necessary.
- Send overnight pass information to Patient Financial Services on a weekly basis.
- Update “medicaid days used” and forward to therapists.
- Complete intakes when Intake Coordinator is not available.
- Complete prior authorizations for residential and acute medications when received from pharmacy.