Speech, Language, and Swallowing Disorders
Our Licensed Speech and Language Pathologist holds a Certificate of Clinical Competency in Speech and Language Pathology from the American Speech and Hearing Association (ASHA) and is a dedicated clinician providing diagnostic and therapeutic services.
In conjunction with manual techniques and exercise, Shannon uses VitalStim® therapy as a safe and effective way to treat swallowing disorders also called dysphagia. VitalStim® is an electrical stimulation therapy that assists in re-training the musculature within a patient’s neck to promote improved swallowing.
The following is a list of Speech and Language services provided at FRHS:
- Aphasia treatment following a stroke or brain injury, including speech and language
- ;Swallowing treatment for adults including diet texture and liquid level advancement
- Modified Barium Swallow studies to assess swallowing difficulties
- Articulation and tongue thrust treatment
- Voice assessment and treatment including vocal hygiene training
- Stuttering and cluttering therapy
- Cognitive linguistic rehabilitation
- Augmentative Communication Device assessments and training including non-verbal sign language and system usage
Our Facility at FRHS offers an environment conducive to therapeutic wellness with a team approach and cutting edge technology. In addition, the speech service includes free hearing screenings and free phone consultations.